All guests over 2 years of age must have a ticket to attend the ceremony. Tickets are available for purchase online, by phone, or in person at the Zellerbach Box Office starting at 12PM on March 22, 2018. Tickets may be purchased online here. Tickets are $12 each for all guests over 2 years of age. Guests 2 years of age and under will be provided a complimentary ticket; no other complimentary tickets will be provided. Graduating seniors do not need tickets. Unless the commencement ceremony sells out, tickets will be available for purchase at the Greek Theatre box office on the day of the ceremony.
– Doors open at 8 A.M. Graduates should arrive backstage by 8:30 A.M.
– Ceremony begins at 9:00 A.M.
– Parking can be difficult. We recommend arriving early.
– Champagne reception begins after the ceremony, at approximately 11:00 a.m. at the Campanile Esplanade, a short walk from the Greek Theatre.
– Don’t forget your guest tickets for all attendees over the age of 2. Seating is first-come, first-served; late guests may be required to sit on the grass.
– On hot days, we suggest that guests bring hats, water bottles, and sunscreen if hot. On cool or drizzly days, we recommend jackets.
– No alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
– The following items are not allowed in the venue: Strollers, large backpacks, large blankets, structured stadium chairs, alcohol, cans, bottles, large ice chests, picnic baskets, lawn furniture, weapons of any kind, umbrellas, and pets.
Click Here for a map that shows the campus parking lots that will be available during the UGIS commencement ceremony. For up-to-date special commencement parking information, visit the Special Events section of the Parking and Transportation website. Information specific to 2018 should be available in early April.
Information for Disabled Guests
Guests who require the shortest possible walk to their seats should be dropped off at the south entrance of the Greek Theatre in the Bowles parking lot at the corner of Gayley and Stadium Rim Way. Drivers are then required to park in one of the designated lots. Guests who require a ramp to enter the theatre must use the north entrance to the amphitheater. Campus perimeter buses can provide motorized transit from parking lots to the Greek, but they do not stop directly in front of the venue.
Once inside the venue, there is wheelchair accessible seating for people who cannot easily manage stairs. The seats in this section are folding metal chairs. This seating is limited and available on a first-come, first served basis after the doors open at 8:00 am. Those seated in this section are given space for themselves and one attendant.
Staying and Playing in Berkeley
Click here for a guide to Berkeley’s many delights
Get some fresh air in the East Bay Regional Parks
Reviews of Berkeley Restaurants
Explore Berkeley on foot on one of the city’s many little-known paths
Click here for a design-inspired tour of Berkeley’s commercial districts